Proximity Hotel & Print Works Bistro
Quaintance Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
Greensboro, North Carolina
Olive Design + Build Architecture
formally Centrepoint Architecture
Raleigh, North Carolina
WEAVERCOOKE provided preconstruction services and construction phase services for this new full-service hotel and restaurant The Proximity is a 102,000 square foot, 8-story luxury hotel with 147 rooms, including 10 suites. Features include two large meeting rooms totaling 4,000 square feet, wireless high speed internet, fitness room and an outdoor pool. The hotel is designed to resemble a 1920's textile mill. The restaurant encompasses 15,000 square feet and features outdoor dining.
The project was constructed following Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) guidelines and is currently under review by the U.S. Green Building Council. Sustainable design and construction features include:
• Membrane roof with a high Solar Reflectance Index to reduce heat island effect
• Large windows with daylighting of interior spaces
• Water efficient plumbing fixtures
• Building systems designed to optimize energy performance and give occupants control of thermal and lighting comfort to suit their individual needs
• Bicycle storage and showering facilities for commuters
• Low emitting construction materials ; including paints, sealants, adhesives, carpets, and composite wood products
• Building materials with recycled content and materials that are harvested and manufactured within 500 miles of the project
• Largest display of Solar panels on a commercial building in NC. Panels used to preheat the hotel's hot water.